The Cabin Host assists in ensuring that Sailors have a memorable vacation onboard by providing outstanding in-cabin service and ensuring all cabins are kept to a quality standard.
What's expected and what you'll be up to
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of all cabins assigned to their area including passageways.
- Ensures all cabins assigned to their area are prepared in accordance with company setup each day and prior to embarkation of Sailors on Turnaround.
- Handles all Sailors personal laundry requests, taking it to and from the laundry and advises on necessary costs.
- Replenishes cabin such as Mini-Bar, drinking glasses, stationary, complimentary items, bathroom supplies etc.
- Responsible for ensuring sailors complaints and requests are acted on in a prompt and efficient manner and notifies Assistant Executive Housekeeper when necessary.
- Responsible for the handling and delivery of sailor luggage to cabins.
- Meets Sailors on embarkation day in assigned meeting area and assists them in locating and entering cabin.
- Strips and re-covers beds in cabin and handles all linen requirements for both fresh and used.
- Provides room service to Sailors and all related services.
- Reports damaged, defective or missing items to Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
- Daily interaction with sailors and provides outstanding customer service and delivery.
- Responsible for the safe handling of equipment in the housekeeping department such as vacuum cleaner, housekeeping cart etc.
- Must be knowledgeable and comply with Public Health rules and regulations as per company policy.