The major goal of the position is to efficiently perform Laundry duties such as the receiving, washing, drying/ironing and delivery of linen from all departments as well as to be responsible for company property
What's expected and what you'll be up to
- Reports to the Laundry Manager and notifies him or her of any problems regarding linen handling, damaged linen as well as the functioning of equipment / machinery.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed to avoid any kind of damage to ship or company property.
- Operates linen feeder, sheet folder, towel folder and table linen ironer machines.
- Operates washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers’ guidelines. Loads and unloads laundry from various machines.
- Sets the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
- Maintains an accurate log all the incoming and outgoing linen and ensures that linen is delivered to the correct departments.
- Administers cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
- Cleans and maintains machines and surrounding areas.
- Ensure PPE (Personal protective equipment) is used and proper procedures and instructions are followed at all times.
- Ensures personal appearance, personal hygiene and uniforms appearance is at all times in accordance with company policy.
- Complies with time and attendance rules and is available to work on a regular basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.