The primary responsibility of the Tailor is to execute all tailoring repairs needed onboard.
What's expected and what you'll be up to
- Responsible for maintenance and tailoring repairs of Uniforms for all Crew onboard.
- Responsible for tailoring repairs and alternations upon Sailors requests of garments.
- Repairs any torn or damaged linen for the Housekeeping department.
- Monitors supplies and orders when necessary threads, needles, buttons etc.
- Carries out maintenance and repair of soft furnishings, curtains and drapes.
- Informs Executive Housekeeper of any problems regarding uniforms, linen or other fabric
- equipment and keeps informed of any shortages or major damages.
- Assists Linen keeper during busy periods as required.
- Ensures workshop is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.