The Hotel Utility works in Food & Beverage and Housekeeping, in both front and back of the house. Schedules and specific duties are assigned on a rotational basis, with expectations being that all Hotel Utilities will work in both departments during the contract.
What's expected and what you'll be up to
When assigned to the Galley Areas:
- Carries out the cleaning operation for all equipment and machinery within the Food & Beverage department including but not limited to Galley outlets, Galley consumables and all work orders in all Galleys, Outlets and Crew dining areas.
- Carries out the daily cleaning procedures and maintenance of all Galleys, Outlets, Bars and Crew dining areas ensuring compliance with company policies and the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH) at all times.
- Ensures they follow the garbage segregation policy when dealing with waste.
- Reports significant public health issues to the Sanitation Officer.
- Follows Integrated Pest Management procedures at all times.
- Notifies Kitchen Steward of any breakages or losses of tableware to ensure stock levels are well maintained.
- Works according to the standards set out by USPH and HACCP.
- Reports to Head Cleaner any defects or repairs that affect the daily operation in the galley and that potentially violate USPH and/or SMS requirements.
When assigned to Housekeeping Public Areas:
- Carries out cleaning of public areas including but not limited to atriums, public walkways and other public spaces.
- Daily vacuuming, sanitizing, garbage removal and dusting/polishing of all public areas.
- Carries out cleaning and maintenance of carpets and floors in public areas including shampooing, stripping, waxing etc.
- Assists in the handling and distribution of Sailor luggage on embarkation/disembarkation.
- Follows and ensures correct storage via COSWOPP when handling and/or using cleaning chemicals.
- Keeps all cleaning equipment well maintained and reports any defects to the Public Area Manager
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.