Chef de Cuisine
Chef de Cuisine
The primary responsibility of the Chef de Cuisine is to maintain an efficient operation in an assigned production area, by constantly analyzing quality and cost of food production.
What's expected and what you'll be up to
- Maintain positive Sailor relations at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining and producing high level standards in food quality in the assigned outlet.
- Responsible for the entire operation of their assigned outlet in terms of food safety, creativity, cleanliness, team performance.
- Adheres to and monitors that HACCP and USPH rules and regulations are followed on a daily basis.
- Meets with Executive Sous Chef on a daily basis to review production schedules and internal requisitions for their outlet.
- Monitors portion control and conducts spot checks.
- Carries out inspections and spot checks of storerooms within their outlet.
- Reports any machinery/technical faults to Executive Sous Chef and monitors repair schedule.
- Conducts food tasting on a daily basis in their outlet and corrects any discrepancies with regard to quality, taste and/or appearance.
- Carries out the service line in their assigned outlet including but not limited to the efficiency of service, presentation and plating.
- Communicates with Asst. Food and Beverage Operations Director for any provision related matters.
- Must be familiar with their assigned galley outlet layout in terms of safety and security and ensure members of his team are fully familiar.
- Monitor Work and Rest hours of all members of their team ensuring ILO guidelines are adhered to.
- Prepare and implement work rotas for their outlet team.
- Monitor performance of their team ensuring that they are working to company, HACCP and USPH guidelines.
- Conducts menu explanation to the Restaurant team in their assigned outlet prior to the start of service.
- Inspect cleanliness and condition of assigned station and services areas and rectify any deficiencies.
- Monitors clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items meet Virgin Voyages standards.
- Notifies Executive Sous Chef of any Sailor complaints raised and seeks to resolve.
- Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately.
- Responsible for the appearance and cleanliness of their outlet