The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for the management of all Housekeeping functions and team members onboard the vessel.
They have overall command and responsibility for the cleanliness and maintenance of all guest rooms, public areas, crew areas and offices.
What's expected and what you'll be up to
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards.
- Ensures cleanliness, maintenance and presentation standards are kept to Virgin
- Voyages principles in all Housekeeping areas.
- Spends a large amount of time in front-of-house operations to set the example and oversee inspections.
- Ensures all administrative and back of house functions are completed on time, accurately and are maintained to the required standard.
- Reports to the Hotel Director any sailor complaints and feedback and where possible resolves.
- Daily inspection of cabins and public areas and ensuring shortfalls are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Daily interaction with sailors and provides outstanding customer service and delivery.
- Oversees, coordinates and administers the Housekeeping department schedule ensuring that hours of work and rest are accurately reported and adhered to.
- Effectively manages all Laundry Operations onboard ensuring the Laundry Master has all equipment necessary to conduct role.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all Housekeeping materials such as linen, cleaning products, machinery etc. and creates purchase orders as necessary.
- Ensures the quality of all linen items serviced for the vessel along with guest and crew items are to the highest standard and regularly reviews quality control and where necessary arranges for damaged items to be discarded.
- Acceptance and control of goods delivered for the housekeeping department as well as correct storage.
- Manages, trains and coaches the Housekeeping/Laundry crew to required company standard.
- Responsible for the appearance and manner of the housekeeping/laundry crew.
- Overall in charge for the correct acceptance and return of crew uniforms upon individuals signing off.
- In charge of distributing daily programs, gift orders, room service and turn-down services.
- Monitors machinery within the Housekeeping and Laundry departments and immediately reports any malfunctioning or damaged equipment.
- Prepare appraisals for individuals under their remit in accordance with Virgin Voyages policies.
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.