Passionate about Embarkation & Disembarkation? We are looking for 'someone' has a wealth of experience with port clearance and knows a thing (or two) about customs, immigration & ship certificates.
- Responsible for all Immigration, Customs and Visa matters, embarkation and disembarkation process, ship certificates and other documentation that relate to Port Clearances.
- Monitors and ensures the accuracy and updating of the Sailor manifest at all times, reflecting stateroom changes, Sailors joining mid-voyage etc..
- Main liaison between the vessel and local port agents for the Captain and Sailor related matters.
- Responsible for coordinating the embarkation/disembarkation setups and procedures with ship and ground staff, as well as the clearance of the vessel with the local authorities in each port of call.
- Ensures the vessel is in compliance with all legal Sailor citizenship/visa documentation operating a ‘Zero tolerance’ policy.
- Responsible for sending the sailor/crew e-NOA/D file to US CBP and US Coast Guard upon sailing or entry to the US as required and in accordance with US Government and International regulations.
- Provides the pier embarkation staff with manifests.
- Responsible for manifesting items to be offloaded from the vessel ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Provides respective Heads of Department with information on all Sailors embarking and disembarking during a voyage and reconciles the sailor/crew movement report.
- Notifies the Bridge when embarkation is complete and that all Sailors and Ship personnel are cleared for sailing.
- Distributes Sailor manifest to the Bridge and department heads after sailing from the port of embarkation as required.
- Responsible for any Sailor and Crew medical disembarks in cooperation with the Medical team and Crew Service Manager.
- Ensures crew Seaman’s books are completed with proper embarkation dates.
- Ensures that all equipment for check-in is properly prepared and ready for embarkation.
- Handles airline ticket change requests for Sailors as required.
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
- Monitors HR legislation to seek improvements onboard.