Crew Service Manager
Crew Service Manager
We are on the hunt for 'someone' who has experience running he day to day operation of the crew office. This 'someones' main responsibility is to ensure that all crew members have all of the necessary documents for signing on & off of the ship and maintaining an accurate crew manifest.
- Responsible for managing the crew payroll and currency exchange ensuring accurate and efficiency whilst maintaining security.
- Ensures the safe storage of all crew passports upon sign on and ensures crew collect upon sign off from the vessel.
- Assists the Clearance Officer in providing necessary crew documentation for entry and departure at all ports including immigration, visas and customs lists.
- Responsible for the administration of onboard crew accounts, cash advances and bank wires as per company guidelines.
- Maintains and monitors Crew manifest for onboard safety regulations and international requirements.
- Ensures all joining crew have original and valid copies of legally required paperwork necessary for them to sign on to the Ships Articles and work onboard paying particular attention to passport, visa and medical certificate validity.
- Notifies Human Resources Manager of any complications when signing crew onto Ships Articles and liaises with Snr. Manager People – Seagoing for any that will be denied boarding.
- Assists Clearance Officer in the preparation of Immigration and Customs clearance for all crew onboard.
- Main liaison between Port Agents and Heads of department for all crew travel arrangements.
- Responsible for any Crew medical disembarks in cooperation with the Medical team and Clearance Officer.
- Ensures crew Seaman’s books are completed with proper embarkation dates.
- Responsible for the accurate and complete administration of crew files including certificates, personal details, travel documents etc.
- Prepares and administers all travel arrangements for disembarking crew members.
- Provides support to Human Resources Manager as and when required.
- Responsible for the administration all ILO sheets onboard.
- Ensures the Crew Office operates within ISM and MLC regulations.
- Prepare appraisals for individuals under their remit in accordance with Virgin Voyages policies.
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
- Monitors HR legislation to seek improvements onboard.