The Laundry Manager is responsible for ensuring that all laundry services within the ship operation meet the highest possible standards and is conducted in an efficient and timely manner.
What's expected and what you'll be up to
Works in conjunction with the Executive Housekeeper and notifies him / her of all activities and any problems (if any) regarding the Laundry Operation.
- He/she organises and controls the laundry department and maintains all relevant records.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed to avoid any kind of damage to ship or company property.
- Regularly analyze procedures in order to propose ways for improvement and institute safety measures.
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness following set policies, standards and procedures.
- Follow up with engineering department on preventive maintenance and repair orders
- Organize production schedules to meet the requirements of various department and conduct regular water analysis.
- Check on production methods and procedures, issue necessary orders to correct shortcomings, maintain accurate inventory and monitor and control stock as required.
- Conduct training for the laundry crew and provide regularly feedback about their performance
- Ensure that laundry crew are knowledgeable about ship hotel’s services and facilities
- Prepare duty schedule, counsel and evaluate staff. Investigate complaints and take corrective action.
- Ensure that Laundry / linen is delivered to the correct departments.
- Ensure personal appearance, personal hygiene and uniform appearance is always in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure PPE (Personal protective equipment) is used and proper procedures and instructions are followed at all times.
- Follows and ensures correct storage via COSWOPP when handling and/or using cleaning chemicals.
- Keeps all equipment well maintained and reports any defects to the Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
- Monitors Work and Rest hours of the laundry team and implements work schedules in line with these.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Completes Appraisals for direct reports.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.