Sailor Service Director
Sailor Service Director
The Sailor Service Director is responsible for Sailor & Crew Services, and Housekeeping operations onboard the Scarlet Lady, which includes, but not limited to, the efficient day-to-day operations of the sailor services help desk, voyage incident management, service recovery, cabin & public area cleaning, laundry operations, embarkation & disembarkation process, cabin management for both Sailors and Crew, and managing the lost luggage process.
The Sailor Service Director Make Ship Happen by championing the overall Sailor Satisfaction onboard, partnering with the wider Virgin Voyages family.
The Sailor Services Director is the Virgin Voyages ambassador for exemplary RockStar service standards and as such should take a proactive role in creating a strong Sailor Service philosophy and culture throughout the ship with dynamic and proactive leadership.
The Sailor Services Director is the main point of communication between Sailors and the shoreside office in ensuring all queries, feedback, and any issues are handled in a professional and efficient manner.
What's expected and what you'll be up to
- Provides day-to-day leadership to direct reports to ensure that all quality standards are met with regards to service, cleanliness and maintenance.
- Utilizes Sailor feedback to establish a positive culture throughout the sailor services team.
- Champions the Voyage Incident Report (VIR), making sure that all departments on the ship follow up on related sailor issues accordingly.
- Supports the Sailor Services staff with queries from Sailors and takes control of issues with Sailors when escalated.
- Keeps and maintains accurate records of discussions/correspondence with sailors and communicates all complaints onboard to shore-side management.
- Continually develop and implement original and fresh techniques to enhance the Sailor Services onboard.
- Monitors all Front of House staff, ensuring a high level of service is delivered at all times.
- Ensures that all USPH standards are met for both Housekeeping and Sailor Services
- Monitors work and rest hours and attendance for all guest service staff ensuring they meet MLC regulations.
- Partners with the Business Office Manager on all ship financial operation, reporting and statistics and internal auditing as required.
- Overall responsibility for the vessels Customs and Immigration clearances along with ship’s documentation when entering/leaving Port.
- Prepare appraisals for individuals under their remit in accordance with Virgin Voyage policies.
- Attends sailor functions as required by the Director of Hotel Operations
- Partake in inspections, training, and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that where applicable USPH standards are adhered to and that a USPH culture is created
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.