We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is a natural leader & loves the hustle and bustle of the restaurant biz. If you can smell a perfectly seared steak miles away, and know how to make an angry Sailor smile, keep reading!
What's expected and what you'll be up to
- Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times by ensuring appropriate management of tables, reservations, availability and accompanying special requests to the best of your ability.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu and concepts, table management, server stations
- Responsible for providing support to all restaurant team members, helping to provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere and service to all Sailors and Crew
- Responsible for training restaurant teams on respective food/beverage menus, standards and steps of service
- Responsible for cross training crew members in other departments in order to find the right fit of future teams
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned restaurant and/or outlet
- Regularly visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback and preferences of our sailors.
- Informs the Restaurant Manager on all Sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seeks to resolve
- Assigns service stations to the service staff from the respective assigned outlet based on performance and ability
- Ensures that all health rules and regulations such as USPH are maintained and adhered to and, where necessary, provides training to other members of the Restaurant team
- Ensures that Sailor’s orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tabs for any corrections necessary
- Is familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
- Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if
- Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching
- Monitors restaurant and Crew Dining areas, ensuring that all crew uphold all standards, rules and regulations in line with USPH guidelines